MORE INTERESTING READING MATERIALS

From: Jim Winne (jwinne@nettally.com)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 17:59:18 PST

Greetings List folks,

While visiting my inlaws over the holidays, I spent some time browsing
through a thrift store down in Clearwater Fla. amongst the books. They
have thousands of old books in these places and you can find some fine
works for very little cash. I picked up a copy of
"Up Front", by Bill Mauldin that was a first edition. This has the famous
cartoon in it where the GI pulls his .45 and puts the Jeep with a broken
axle out of it's misery. I also got a copy of the "Junior ROTC Manual"
copyright 1950. It has a great deal of info on anything military. It also
has a lot of names and dates of students who were issued this book. It
came from Ashland Kentucky. I paid $ .50 each for the treasures I got at
the thrift store. These places are a great source for lots of neat
historical stuff.

Best wishes for a prosperous new year to all,

Jim

MVPA #17216
1967 M-715 Kaiser Jeep Cargo Truck
1983 M-101A1 Cargo Trailer (USMC)