Re: [MVlist] Deuce winch cable question

From: Brandon (c322348@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 18:25:50 PST

Some tension would be best to keep the cable from getting tangled. Fresh
cable is quite stiff and hasn't taken a set at the proper radius yet. What
I've done in the past is hook the cable to a stationary object (mother in
law, tree, Jeep, etc.) and let the truck reel itself in at a fast idle.
Don't go answer the phone inside the house without keeping an eye on it or
you could end up with a mess!

BK