Re: [MV] jerry cans

From: Jim Rice (majrice@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 07:37:47 PST

I disagree.

If the USMC is on the bottom, along with the date, it stands for US Metal Company or US Metal Can Company (or something similar).  If it says on USMC on the side, towards the bottom, which I understand these do, they ARE US Marine Corps cans.  Also, the small mouth with cammed cover is appropriate to USMC style gas cans rather than US Army cans.  The manufacturer name and date CONICO 20-5-42 on the bottom pretty clearly shows the maker is NOT USMC.  All US Army cans have US or QMC on the side, near the bottom.

Jim Rice