Re: [MV] PS Mag... Rustproofing

From: Emmett Thompson (kt4al@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 16:16:22 PST

When I was a lowly aircraft mechanic back in 78 we used "CPC" corrosion
preventive compound in the gear wells and other parts of the aircraft that
were corrosion prone. I have no idea what its civilian name is BUT ......
civil aircraft use "LPS-3" in the gear wells and other corrosion prone
areas. I would bet it is the same stuff. Smells the same and looks the same.
I hose the insides of all MV's I own and have not had any corrosion yet. It
is required on all FAR 121 C checks.
Regards
Emmett