Winch Cable tips...THANKS!

From: Andy Michalski (amichalski@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 14:58:15 PST

Hi All,

Thanks for all the great tips on spooling up the cable. Thankfully the
cable on the drum is original and in fairly good shape other than the mess
and that nasty case of an outer wrap digging under the lower layer from a
particularly dumb episode of me trying to winch the truck through a snowbank
which also resulted in a broken shearpin. There are a few minor kinks in
it, but no breaks in the strands, so it should be ok. Nice and tar covered
already too, so lubing should be an easy job. I have some good ideas on how
to wrap it up right this time, just need to find a 200 foot grade and some
time to muscle it on straight. Thanks again,

Andy