Re: [MV] What is....

From: CYCLOPSRAM@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 13:44:49 PST

The bolster trailer was a general purpose multi task unit... some had
extendible pole type tongues for long loads... Most were on a ton and a
half type chassis with 900 or 1100 tires and air/hyd brakes. Typically
they had 4 little hand crank tiedowns with cross bars and little tie down
chains to hold bulky loads... We used to carry the bow section of our 27
foot bridge erection boats and sometimes a fuel pod on them. You could
carry any commodity with the right lashing. RAM #217