Jerry Can Tangent

From: Jim Rice (majrice@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 14:47:14 PST

Folks, I realize my latest couple of postings on the Jerry Can thread were
veering off topic. My apologies.

Also, some appear to think I was angry. I am not and was not angry about
the topic and the postings. I simply disagreed with some folks and I will
continue to disagree, but at this point, I will attempt to refrain from any
more on-line arguing.

While probably not completely clear to many, I was simply trying to apply
some critical thinking to some statements. Maybe I was attempting to apply
too much logic to military procurement, however, I saw too many statements
there were either very vague, lacked any substantiation or applied logic.
My military decision-making process (thats what I teach in the Army)
background and lots of engineering make me tend to home in on that and it
probably make me look like the south end of a north bound mule at times.
Again, I meant no personal attacks and hope no one took my postings that
way.

If we could all be slightly more critical and logical thinkers (myself
included) we could likely avoid some of the bashings/blazings and flaming.
Of course, the list would be much more boring.

One comment in closing though.....only one person on each list(mil-veh.org
and MVLists@eGroups.) can mandate the end of discussion. They are Arthur
and Richard. Sorry Top, ss an old salt and 1SG too, you know a blooming
field grade won't quit if he ain't through talking! So, saying end of
discussion only makes me dig in my heals! <grin>

Now, has anyone seen the markings on the..............never mind.

Jim Rice
Trying to quit talking about Jerry cans.
San Antonio, TX