Re: [MV] Looking for a CCKW

From: Gordon.W.I. McMillan (gwim2@student.open.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Jan 14 2001 - 02:10:46 PST

Those trucks are pretty much solid iron. The only advice I'd give is that
there are so many (ex-Norway) good ones about don't buy anything that
isn't relatively complete.

I saw one on e-bay last week that had an M series bed on it, and wondered
why anyone would even look. Allow for buying all new tyres and canvas,
rebuilding the brakes, maybe some work on the transmission downstream of
the gearbox (transfer case, pillow block, driveshafts) and it'll probably
need a torque rod or two as well.

Apart from that it'll probably still be running when we are all history
unless somebody does anything really nasty to it.

All together now;

"they dont build them ...........

Gordon