Re: [MV] Movie Stunt HMV

From: Richard Tait (rtait@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jan 14 2001 - 08:04:48 PST

> <snip>Who supplied M.A.S.H....?<snip>

A neighbor of mine owned the Sherman tank that ran over Col. Potter's jeep in
an episode of M.A.S.H.. The sad thing was that the jeep still had an engine
in it. Our neighbor sold the Sherman a number of years ago to another
collector in Santa Paula, CA. That fellow has recently sold it to someone
else in San Diego.

I climbed over every inch of that tank as a lad and I just loved the sound of
that GAA V-8. It was coool!

Our neighbor is also responsible for getting my father and me involved in
this hobby. He sold us an M422 Mighty Mite in 1974, which we still have.
Our neighbor still has an MV collection, but he is 81 years old and has been
"thinning the herd" a bit in recent years.

Thanks for the memories!
Matt Tait
Fullerton, CA