Re: [MV] Torqeflite tranny...M135 crash cop car

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Sun Jan 14 2001 - 12:29:24 PST

> << They did something like that in Toronto for a show I don't recall, but
the
> plotline was that this crooked National Guard sergeant was siphoning off
> supplies and equipment from an NY-environs guard facility for sale to
some
> mythical militia organization. Well, the truck he loads with the illicit
> booty is an M135CDN, which I think is pictured ramming the cop car,
before
> rolling down a roadside embankment and ending up on its side. >>
>

> The show in question was "Due North" (or was it south), a TV series about
> RCMP in Chicago. Sticks in my mind' cause of I've been busting knuckles
on a
> M135 since that series was on, and that truck is STILL not back together,
yet
> they rolled it.

Ah, yeah, that was it. "Due South", Alliance-Atlantis production with
Canadian wonderboy Paul Gross as Cst. Benton Fraser and "Draco" playing his
dogwolf, Diefenbaker. No doggie treats for Diefenbaker. He cancelled the
Avro Arrow.

Speaking of M135's and all things Toronto, we did all the uniforms for a big
WWII production called 'Safe Haven" which shot back there, and as part of
the deal, we received a bunch of production snaps for posterity featuring
all the extras togged up as Nazis and what-not in our uniforms. They were
very impressive, but what really struck me was the vehicles they decided to
use! They don't look bad - for what they are - but once again M135's are
playing CCKW's, and, as though we were permanently stuck in the late 60's,
M-37's less doors have become Axis vehicles through the liberal application
of different paint and the odd WH and SS license plate. Grrr.

Don't get me wrong, though - this thing looks like it'll be quite a show
when we finally get to see it. They spent quite a few bucks on it, and from
the pics, it shows.

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.