XM-211 brake problem. Grabs. Won't let go, quickly.

From: JJ&A (w7ls@blarg.net)
Date: Sun Jan 14 2001 - 22:11:13 PST

Hi, all.
    I have a XM-211 and it has a brake problem. I hope someone
knowledgeable can suggest the common fix. Here are the symptoms:
    While driving, if you gently step on the brake, it starts to gently
slow down. As it slows down, it starts to grab, and then locks up the
brakes. It won't release the brakes for several seconds, which it does
gradually, like leaking air pressure is involved. Then it is completely
freed up. All 12 cylinders have been rebuilt, and the previous owner was
inside the airpack. Brake return springs are new.
    It has lots of stopping power, but just won't release quickly, once
it starts to take hold. Any ideas? Many thanks. Jim