XM-211 brake problem. Parking brake solenoid?

From: JJ&A (w7ls@blarg.net)
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 22:56:57 PST

Whilst trying to decode the symptoms of our brake problem, it was
pointed out to me that there is a fluid solenoid in the hydraulic lines
that is used to set the parking brake, if desired. If this were
sticking, such that there was only a small orifice to pump the fluid
through, that might account for the sluggish return after releasing the
brakes, couldn't it?
    This seems like a dangerous little device to even have on the
vehicle. If it gets turned on, it will block the brake action. It would
seem to me that the safest thing to do is remove the solenoid and
replace it with a short piece of tubing.
    Comments? I really appreciate all the helpful ideas from the list!
Jim