RE: [MV] XM-211 brake problem. Parking brake solenoid?

From: buzz@toast.net
Date: Tue Jan 16 2001 - 06:08:30 PST

You've got to isolate the problem.

Bleed off all the air and leave the drain valves on the tanks
both open to keep the air pressure at zero. Then try the brakes
(they'll still stop the truck but it will require increased pedal
effort). If the brakes don't stick the air/hydraulic booster
is at fault.

The line lock used in the 211 series allowed application of the
brakes when engaged but would not allow release. There is no
danger of not stopping because of inadvertent operation of the
unit. A terrifying skid is a very real possibility however....
YMMV.

-=-