Shipping via Greyhound

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 14:44:04 PST

Hi list,
Since I have been selling a few ambulance parts I've been investigating a
variety of ways of shipping things at a reduced cost and seem to have had
some luck. Something that many of us may have forgotten is that Greyhound
DOES ship freight and if you gotta do it, it is worth looking into. The
conversation I had today with the guy at the Greyhound Package Express
counter suggests to me that they will have a very competitive rate with USPS
UPS and others. Check out www.greyhound.com if you want to look into it
without leaving the comfort of home. Weight limitations seem to be 100# for
interstate loads (those packages going from one state to another) and 150#
for intrastate loads, plus an alternative calculation to actual weight based
on those items that are particularly large.
Has anyone had any ACTUAL experience using these guys?
TJ