RE: [MV] Shipping via Greyhound

From: wayne harris (wharris19@email.com)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 15:23:19 PST

Hi TJ and list.
Always looking for a cheaper a way to ship so I checked out the Greyhound
site. I picked out two items I had just sent out by UPS and compare with
Greyhound price in each case the price was well over double almost tripled
and the dropoff point was not even in the town I needed them sent to, so in
my case I'll stay with UPS. A question to the list Has anyone seen a
"retired" UPS truck its not only the government that destroys their vehicles
instead of selling them. Wayne

Subject: [MV] Shipping via Greyhound

Hi list,
Since I have been selling a few ambulance parts I've been investigating a
variety of ways of shipping things at a reduced cost and seem to have had
some luck. Something that many of us may have forgotten is that Greyhound
DOES ship freight and if you gotta do it, it is worth looking into. The
conversation I had today with the guy at the Greyhound Package Express
counter suggests to me that they will have a very competitive rate with USPS
UPS and others. Check out www.greyhound.com if you want to look into it
without leaving the comfort of home. Weight limitations seem to be 100# for
interstate loads (those packages going from one state to another) and 150#
for intrastate loads, plus an alternative calculation to actual weight based
on those items that are particularly large.
Has anyone had any ACTUAL experience using these guys?
TJ