RE: [MV] data plates

From: Kelly, Robert (Robert_Kelly@FCEINC.COM)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 07:10:59 PST

Hi all,

A while back, I purchaced a nice set of repro plates for my GPW. The Brass
type. Blank of course and I agonized over how to get them stamped
"correctly". A nice person on the list who may chime in (but I am hesitant
to simply volunteer his name) offered to meet me at an MV show in Medina
Ohio and he would bring his stamping machine. He did and the thing got
stamped. I stamped it myself and only had one little goof that is hardly
noticable. The boo-boo adds character;)

During my conversations with this learned gentleman, he told me that as far
as WWII plates go, they were all STAMPED, not engraved. So unless the
engraving place has a stamping machine, I would keep looking for somebody
with a stamper. Maybe there is an outfit out there that will allow you to
mail in your plates and stamp them to order?

Good day,

Bob K.