Re: [MV] 12 volt verse 6 volt

From: jerome shaw (fiveton_@excite.com)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 11:23:07 PST

A 6v vehicle charges in the neighorhood of 8v just as a 12v system charges
around 15v. So as you are going down the road the headlights on a 12v
vehicle have 15v on them. The difference is that when you shut off your 6v
it will settle back down to slightly over 6v with an 8v battery it will
maintain it. 8v batterys are avilable at Tractor Supply Farm Fleet ect.
Jerry Shaw
On Thu, 18 Jan 2001 09:45:17 -0500, ken uhrick wrote:

> At 09:30 AM 1/18/01 -0500, INDUSTELE@aol.com wrote:
> >Robert, I have a friend who runs his 43 MB with an 8 volt golf cart
battery.
> >Looks close to original and has a little extra for starting. He says
> >(unconfirmed) that the 6 volt regulator and generator will keep the 8
volt
> >battery in operating condition.
> >
> >Don't know if this will fit your situation, but it might be a
possibility.

> >Tom Campbell - Birmingham, Alabama
> up north hear ind. state with some -20 nights and starting cares
> thay used to put 8 volt battys in tham a lot and the voltage
regulator
> needed uped a little i hear
> and it poped 6 volt lights the cop's like the brighter lights i hear

> even if the headlights went a lot more
> talking cars built befor 19 and 54 model year i think farm traters thay

> did the same thing too and didnt need the lights a much i bett

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/