Re: [MV] Deuce Hubs

From: Richard Tait (rtait@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2001 - 10:38:11 PST

<snip> but my truck still makes visible tire tracks on
concrete. <snip>

Mark,
Don't forget that at least a small part of the scrubbing you mention is
because there are two wheels (duals) bolted together with their centerlines
about 12 - 15 inches apart. In a sharp turn, these two tire would be
turning at a slightly different RPM, due to difference in distance from the
centerline of the truck, if they were not bolted together.

I remember seeing a device from the 1940's in the Antique Truck Historical
Society magazine that allowed the duals to spin at different speeds in a
turn, sort of an inter wheel differential. It was very complicated and fell
out of favor quickly.

Matt Tait
Fullerton, CA