Re: [MV] CCKW- handbrake, publications, carbie, fording & winching

From: Jay (dagobertii@home.com)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2001 - 14:31:50 PST

Tony,
Couldnt help you with the rest, but my best guess is that stopcock is
there as an owner's patch to replace the defective manual handbrake.
Try (if you can) holding the brake pedal down and then closing the
stopcock. Does it lock the brake even after you let your foot off th
pedal? This is similier to what drag racers use, and is called a line
lock. It's not stock, but it should be effective.
Jay Travis