RE: [MV] Deuces and hubs II

From: Geof Kaye (KAYE-RIVERCITY@webtv.net)
Date: Mon Jan 22 2001 - 23:33:54 PST

I found the stub axel idea to be a PIA while stuck on a slight grade in
the middle of the University of Cincinnati Medical Center Hospital
parking lot in a rain storm. {with a 3/4 or 11/16 inch wrench changing
an axel shaft}....[I was, at that time, stone cold sober]....my swearing
managed to attract security who said that "I couldn't work on my truck
in their lot and to move it out on the street if I wanted to work on
it"[I wished that I could just move it].....this kid had to be just 21
and was approaching the end of his life faster then he could imagine
when another security guard came up and told the "youngin" to "git"! He
was an old Vietnam graduate and understood deuces and other military
stuff....[saved the kids life!] The speed bump incident happened in
front of the Kroger store in Milford shopping center just before
Christmas in 1999...another exhibition of the knot in my genetic
makeup.... The military has a term for this pathological tinkering....I
believe it is called "Field Expedient"......I surmise that any unhooking
of rear axels {with front hubs unlocked} to render a deuce almost
unroadworthy on other than perfectly dry straight flat roads during the
summer time-this is from my personal experience and reflects only on my
innate ability to f*&k around with stuff....and embarrass myself in
public....as I grow older the disease seems to get worse. I may have to
come out of early retirement to get cured....or buy another deuce...
geof

Caterpillar Here!.....'92 Dodge B5.9 4X4 -'97 454/425 Pathmaker
Airboat-'87 BAJA Fish and Ski and more time/money/toys than I know what
to do with....God- Bless America!.....