Re: [MV] Deuces and hubs

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Mon Jan 22 2001 - 23:08:59 PST

KAYE-RIVERCITY@webtv.net (Geof Kaye) wrote:
> I got stuck in a blacktop parking lot in the rain on a >1%
> grade [also in front a 4" high speed bump] empty.

I've always dreamed of encountering a mini-truck doing a see-saw
impression on a speed bump, but the thought of that mini-truck driver
laughing at me while I'm stuck on a speed bump in a deuce...
(*shudder*). :-)

Ok, no more talk of disconnecting any of my rear axles (unless
somebody comes up with a drop-in air-lockable inter-axle diff).

Now, as long as we're on the topic of scrubbing tires and wound-up
driveshafts, what do y'all think about driving Stalwarts on your
average US pavement? Stalwart enthusiasts whom I've heard from seem to
feel that it's not a problem; you just drive over the curb every few
miles. Somehow, I just can't quite stretch my mind around the idea of
rolling down the freeway in the slow lane, and pulling over every few
miles to run a few tires up onto the concrete barrier with impunity.
Or, crossing the bike lane for a quick visit to the sidewalk. When I
took my class A CDL test recently, they made a point of discouraging
that sort of thing.

Opinions?

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/