Re: [MV] Deuces and hubs

From: Everett Doyle (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 02:41:13 PST

I own and drive more than one 6X6 - 10 ton tractor 5 ton cargo and a bridge
truck that is called a 5 ton but in normal military service carried 7.5 and
deuce -- I have followed the thread of lock out rear hubs and have
contributed to the conversation. But, really, I can see no benefit that
would not be outweighed by problems. I do not drive mine 100% of the time
on smooth dry pavement, and if any of you have been on Tn. interstates
lately you will agree. I have been know to drive mine on grass and dirt. I
hate the thought of having to carry my axles with me and do a quick change
on side of road in the rain, just to get moving again.