Re: [MV] Deuces and hubs

From: Jay (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 03:54:33 PST

Mark,
Well, since you specifically asked for "opinions",mine would be this-
it's one thing to use what is basically a converted Blazer or pickup for
a MV daily driver, but there are some limits to reason. I mean, you
could commute to work in a T-55 (assuming you had the room and the
budget for it), but after the first couple of times, it would get a
little old putting up with the ride (not to mention all the street and
parking lot repairs, etc.). My point is that these machines, while
great fun as a hobby, were designed to fight battles against other MVs,
not fight against Chevettes and Yugos for the title of best commuter
vehicle. ;-) Nothing at all against the idea of having fun with
them, but doesn't it make sense to acknowledge that there are some
limitations to their practicality as street vehicles? And with that
understanding, not to expect them to excell at something they were never
designed to do well in the first place? You wouldn't take your Chevelle
into combat (unless you were in a Mel Gibson movie, or at not until the
apocalypse gets here), so why try to use your armored tracked or
multi-wheeled heavy MV as a daily-driver street car?

Hope I haven't offended anyone who actually DOES commute to work in a
tank, halftrack, etc. Especially not anyone who commutes in one with a
live class III cannon.... ;-)

Jay Travis