Electrical Upgrade parts for M274 Mule

From: John Rozell (jrozell@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Jan 22 2001 - 13:29:59 PST

I am planning to convert my mule project to electrical start and, based
on conversations with other list members,
the military used an "upgrade kit" to convert pull start to electrical
start. I am not planning on installing an alternator, but instead plan
to use a trickle charger to keep the battery charged between starts.
Does anyone know where I might find the switch box that clamps onto the
steering wheel column, as well as the wiring harness? NOS would be nice
but I'd consider TO if available. Also, does anyone know if there is a
technical
manual which covers this upgrade installation and lists the parts
required? I have the usual M274 manuals and don't see any reference to
this modification.
Thanks as always for any info you can pass along.
John Rozell