Re: [MV] Soviet armour

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 23:06:32 PST

> List,
> The only armour I can think about here in western Canada are monuments
> at the local base. One is a beat up T34/85 and the othe is a mint T72.
> The T72 came from eastern Germany and I assume so did the T34/85.

Missed the start of this thread, but when I was in Ft. Lewis eons ago, we
came across a parking lot full of Soviet junk used for OPFOR training. They
had a couple of tanks (can't recall the types, sorry), a BRDM and a
BTR-60PK.

I got to crawl all through the BTR-60 without interference, and I remember
being surprised to see engines which looked very similar to the Dodge T-249
in my M37. In fact, I seem to recall that the ignition system had been
retrofitted by the Army with the usual Delco 24V stuff from an M37 as well,
but my memory might be lapsing after ten-twelve years.

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.