RE: [MV] Soviet armor

From: John Hutterer (john.hutterer@deltec.com)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 05:20:18 PST

It's not exactly armor, but we have two 155 mm Soviet Howitzers in our
museum. The story I was told is that, when the Center of Military History
was asked to help us start a museum, they said "Sure, as long as you are
willing to take a couple of pieces of Soviet hardware". Apparently, there
was so much Soviet material captured during Desert Storm, and returned to
the US, that the CMH was requiring all new museums to take some of it off of
their hands. That's the story, but, since I can't remember who told it to
me, you'll have to take it with a grain of salt.

John