M 151 A2 Engine Number

From: Anith@wfp.org
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 06:29:04 PST

I have found an engine that has been removed from a de-commissioned MUTT by
the army here. Its body does not have the data plate to find out the year
of manufacture of the vehicle. However, the engine bears the following
markings:

HI
K 18 6
8754607

Could anybody help me ascertain the year of manufacture? Also, how do I
ascertain the condition of the engine? The seller says it is in good
condition and claims that the pistons are of standard size. No modern
engine testing devices exist in this part of the country.
If it is really good, I want buy as a spare.

Please help.

Anith

Sudan