RE: [MV] M 151 A2 Engine -testing before buying

From: Kelly, Robert (Robert_Kelly@FCEINC.COM)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 12:32:16 PST

Another fun thing to do, and actually kind of useful...

If you need to turn your engine over with minimum of effort on your part
(I'm always looking for the lazy way to do stuff), and the plugs are out...

like say if you are just bringing it back to TDC after a rebuild or
whatever...

just go down the spark plug holes, giving it a quick shot of compresses air
and you would be suprised how easily your motor turns over. Plus, it blows
out some of the crap that might have been shaken loose during your
maintenance shenanigans.

I have one of those cheapie blower fittings with a rubber nozzle on it.