[MV] M-37 Hardtop

From: King (landy@pacificcoast.net)
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 04:59:53 PST

>I would like to have a hard top for my '52 M-37.
>
>After talking with a few people, I found out that they originally
>did not come with hard tops. The 2 answers to this problem
>from what I was told
>
>1) a "kit" that was made from a CCKW hard top.
>
>2) a bonafide M-37 top that came out with late B1s.
>
>Please correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm still learning about this.
>
>I was quoted a price of $500 + truck freight for the "kit" (#1 above).
>Is this a reasonable price? Does anybody know where I can
>get a "real" M-37 hard top as opposed to the kit?
>
>Thanks,
>John

The proper hard top was installed and available for the CDN units.Of those
there are 2 types.Double ribbed and triple ribbed.The tripple ribbed ones
usually had the inner insulation with an extra skin commonly refered to as
an 'arctic cab'
This is what I have seen around here and I have one of each on my 2 M37's.
Andre