Re: [MV] newby considering an M35

From: RWeinkauf (rweinkauf@msn.com)
Date: Tue Jan 30 2001 - 13:29:12 PST

> >... Watch out for rust, and take a good look at the
> >tires (a new set can cost $1000).
>
> There is some yard in MI that sells tires cheap. I got 9 mounted tires,
most
> with the sticker still on them, for $35 each.

Perhaps you mean JTB Surplus. I bought 10 Armstrong Rhino tires, complete
with tubes and flaps, all with 95%+ tread, for $45 ea. Since I live near
Detroit, Jeff trucked them to my house for FREE (he had some room on a truck
he sends this way for deliveries).

JTB Surplus
PO Box 235
Twin Lake, MI 49457
(800) 818-4737

Rich
Rich Weinkauf, N8QLT
Cruise Missile Coordinates: 42d 28.05'N 083d 22.87'W
HummerID 97.5 Fly Yellow Wagon
1971 Kaiser M35A2 ** MVPA #20486
Load Warrior Website http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/Terminus/loadwarrior/
M35 Cool Stuff Site http://www.highprofilevehicles.com