Re: [MV] oil filter on M211

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 05:02:42 PST

In a message dated 1/31/01 4:56:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
bobbyjoe@chartertn.net writes:

<< Can anyone tell me what the correct color of the oil filter canister on a
 M211 is? >>

Yes, Bobby I can,
It is interesting that you should bring this up now. Two weeks ago I took
mine off and repainted it. The reason....I just got 80 great original 8 x 10
photos of M135's being built. Photos taken by the GM Photographic section.
All dated, all very detailed, starts with frame assembly and ends with
shipping of trucks.
Anyway.....the straps that hold the canister to the engine are gloss black,
the canister itself and lid appear to be OD (Same as block and truck).
Hope this helps,
David Doyle