[MV] M715 Cap=M37 Cap

From: Ted Hintopoulos (hint@northnet.org)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 05:06:09 PST

M-715 Distributor Cap same as an M37 if you have
a ready source for those.

Just be careful of some aftermarket ones. Some do
not seat right and can crack when you reassemble
the housing. I pulled out my DREMEL
and took care of the interfering molding.

As Joe pointed out, a good working distributor can
generate a very healthy voltage when its not driving
a sparkplug. Minus a plug, that spark can jump to ground
almost anywhere.

My experience; I have been able to remove a plug wire to
check for a miss without wasting a cap or wire, BUT I do
try to arc it to a ground somewhere so as not to stress the insulation.
Once had a plug wire develope a pin hole arc to ground midway
along its length. Ever drive a 6 cylinder with only 5 firing? yummy!

Ted.