Re: [MV] starter for mule

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 19:14:33 PST

>je, who you've seen on the list many times, has a few starters. I haven't
>tried one but they look good in pictures. Slightly higher than the other
>two, but a slightly better design, more compact.

Oh my, thier talking about me... Yes, I did a redesign of the old MGL-4015
using a new current production motor. I made up a batch of 20 or so several
years ago, a labor of love more than a money making venture. There are
still some left if anyone is intersted. I can't compete with the $185
beetle starters however.

>.... If you could find an old one you might could have it rebuilt.

The only Prestolite part(s) that are available are the brushes, everything
else is long obsolete and not available, unless..... some rebuilder
somewhere has thier own stash of parts.

je