Re: [MVlist] Re: Authentic Fighting Veterans Museum vzw launches its brand new webs

From: Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2001 - 23:50:24 PST

wayne harris schrieb:

> I checked out the site. First thing that turned me off was this statement
> "Weapons are absolutely unessential items and only at special occasions is
> the mounting of de-activated weapons allowed." Goes on to say: AFV stand for
> ARMED Fighting Vehicles....

As far as I know in English language AFV stands for "armo(u)red fighting
vehicle.
You are right, most armoured fighting vehicles are armed, too.

Please note that here in Europe we have very strict gun laws. Especially
in Germany (note: we lost the war) showing a gun (even a deactivated
gun!) in the public can be the fastest way to prison (jail).
So our MV club (the DISG) also banned any guns on the events.

> And Andreas if you travel on the Web your "cookie" is telling on you and just
> not to Bill, check out the facts at http://www.cookiecentral.com/index2.html.

Be sure that the COOKIES are deaktivated on my browser!

Best regards from Germany
Andreas