Ads and Saturday Evening Post articles

From: Maurizio Beretta (pierino@tin.it)
Date: Sun Feb 04 2001 - 04:52:18 PST

Did you see last "Army Motors" number ??

there was an article by Mr. Blake about collecting WWII MV ads.

A while ago, I was collecting Willys-Overland advertisements, and I
completed the collection of the WWII ads.

meanwhile, I have now a lot of Saturday Evening Post magazines, where you
can find a lot of other brand military ads.

I think that every HMV owner can be happy to have HIS vehicle hung up at
the wall...

I'm trying to organise the thing (I have a lot of Cadillac, GMC,
Studebaker, Mobil Oil etc ads..), but time been I've also found some
interesting SEP and LIFE articles:

may 1, 1943 WAR PAINT by Major R.P. Breckenridge
about "modern" camouflage for soldiers; 10 nice pictures of GI

jan 8, 1944 THIS WOMAN'S ARMY by Al Parker
sketches about Wac's life in Fort Oglethorpe in Georgia

july 25, 1942 MACHINE GUN IN THE IBISCUS by Alan Jackson
Bermuda paradise transformed into a grimly strategic base
(big "slat grille" picture!)

sep 27, 1943 THE BATTLE OF SALERNO by Jack Belden (wounded during landing)
a great "first hand" report with great pictures

jun 8, 1946 HOW TO DROP AN ATOMIC BOMB by Col. Paul Tibbetts
..the pilot who flew the Hiroshima mission

all them come for US$15 priority mail included. please allow few weeks for
delivery, as I'm not able to fly right now due to a knee surgery.
I can only accept paypal.

If somebody interested in article or ads (I will publish a list..) please
e-mail me off lists

maurizio

 | | Maurizio BERETTA mailto:pierino@tin.it
/_/()||||()\_\ http://members.xoom.com/pierino
|_\ o||||o /_| Chiasso, 11
|----JeeP----| I - Milan 20155
|_| |_| ph. + 39 023270228 fax + 39 023270228