M211 transmission question

From: Hummer1234@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 04 2001 - 09:05:28 PST

Hi List

I know something about the unreliability of the of the automatic transmission
in the M211 series trucks. My question is: have any of you had any luck
keeping these transmissions operating in a reliable fashion, and if so, how?
Someone I know has had many of these trucks go through his hands from a DRMO
auction and the subsequent owners have experienced a 100% failure rate of the
transmissions. I was told that most of the vehicles had the failures occur,
not through abuse or hard work, but simply while running down the road.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart Robinson
Redmond, WA