Re: [MV] Radio Mount for PRC-25 Radio.

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 20:30:12 PST

"Kevin Vislocky" <VISLOCKY@prodigy.net> wrote:
> I am looking for a vehicle radio mount for a PRC-25 to mount in an M-151. I
> have no idea what the mount number would be. Would also like to have a
> power supply for the 24volts to the radio if there is such a thing. Anyone
> have one that want to sell?

The actual mount is an MT-1029/VRC, just like the ones used with the
AN/VRC-12 series radios, and pretty common these days. It seems like
there's always at least one up for sale on Ebay, and many surplus
dealers should have them, too.

AN/PRC-25 refers to the man-carried system. When the set is installed
in a vehicle, it's caled either the AN/GRC-125 or AN/VRC-53, depending
on whether it has the extra pieces necessary to pull out the
RT-505/PRC-25 transceiver and use it on a backpack or not,
respectively.

The part that's harder to find is the OA-3633/GRC amplifier/power
supply. The RT-505/PRC-25 transceiver bolts into the OA-3633/GRC, and
then the OA-3633/GRC mounts on the MT-1029/VRC. The resulting
combination takes its power from the vehicle's 24V electrical system.
The antenna tuner, antenna masts, antenna cables, power cable, etc.
are the same as the ones used in the AN/VRC-12 series sets.

If you happen to find an installation manual for an AN/VRC-12 series
set in an M-151, the same instructions should work for the AN/VRC-53
or AN/GRC-125. There's a guy on this list who might have more of those
installation manuals, if he's listening...

I don't know of any reliable sources for the OA-3633/GRC right now,
but knowing what you're looking for is the first step! I hope this
helps you find what you're looking for.

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/