water can & bucket location

From: KBDewey 42GPW (dirtman42GPW@webtv.net)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 18:21:57 PST

I've noticed alot of our club jeeps with the water bucket located behind
the gas can held in place by the gas can strap. This seems like a poor
location because IF the gas can leaks it will leak over the bucket and
so any water carried by the bucket will have gas on it. Also a bucket
with gas on it could be a fire hazard for a cigaret toten PFC. Were
they actually carried with the water cans? And where were the water cans
carried, on the little running boards on jerry can mounts or were they
mounted on the bumper in jerry can mounts? K