Re: [MV] L5 Oto Melara guns

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 19:19:52 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Boge" <ken@clovermachine.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] L5 Oto Melara guns

> Ran across some info on the L5 pack howitzer at:
>
> http://www.riv.co.nz/rnza/hist/l5.htm
>
> A brief history but no photos.

The owner of the movie company I subcontract to is an ex-Fld. Arty Major,
and he says that the creatures are "Mountain Howitzers" about half the size
of a 6 pdr. that the Canadian Forces use to this day. The fault I referred
to in my other post was that the weapons seemed to have this annoying habit
of losing their flash suppressor rather spectactularly after something like
ten rounds up the spout, which probably made them considerably more
dangerous to those on the near side of the trajectory path as opposed to the
far. Either way, they're evidently still in CF inventory, so I'm a wee bit
surprised to see parts available from Euro scrap dealers.

Wonder if I could interest them in some CF-5's???

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.