Re: [MV] FW: Grave Registration

From: Tom Woodburn (Twoodburn@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 09:29:23 PST

John and others ,
You could be right for the post WWII Army but check your facts for WWII.
Graves fell under Quartermaster with QM etc. on bumper and sometimes, as I've
seen in pictures, "Graves Registration" below the windshield. These were
probably not
used for carrying bodies but personnel. Graves did more than just move bodies
from the front
to the rear, depending on the number of casualties.
But then again I could be wrong ...
Tom Woodburn