Re: [MVlist] Fw: [MV] CDL etc etc etc.

From: JEFF HAIN-MATSON (flmv@flmv.net)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 09:50:49 PST

Timothy Smith wrote:

> If you are operating NON commercially then you get all the
> exceptions/exemptions your state law permits you to have, anywhere in the
> United States. Remember what I said.......no state has the authority to
> enforce its inspection rules on non commercial vehicles from other states.
>

> >thanks,
> >
> >je

just for grins how do you explain helmet laws then?
some of the states that border Pennsylvania do not require helmets while riding
a motor cycle, but if you cross from one of them to Pennsylvania with out a
helmet you will be toast, even though your registered in a state that doesn't
require that particular piece of safety equipment.
also in new jersey you can run with new jersey antique tags and 1 tail light /
brake light after dark, while going to or from a show or exhibition, not so in
Pennsylvania even with new jersey antique tags. that was fought and lost by a
friend of mine in Pennsylvania court already.
i wouldn't be so sure that your home state rule applies while you are on the
road. it probably should but if a cop or other government agency can get you
for a few $ they seem to be very happy to try there best, after all how else can
they justify there jobs.

--
JEFF HAIN-MATSON
FRONT LINE MILITARY VEHICLES      WEB SITE:   www.flmv.net