Re: [MV] need to identify

From: James Wiehe (j.wiehe@sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 03:28:26 PST

Just a guess and my 2 cents.
This sounds like the " Low Air Pressure " warning device.
When you start up your truck and there is no air in the tanks
this buzzer sounds. As the air pressure builds up the buzzer
keeps sounding until it reaches about 85 p.s.i., then it shuts
off.
Since it came off a mil. veh. it is most likely 24 volts.
On the wire coming out of the buzzer there should be a small
metal tag with a number on it. This is the electrical connection
number. The whole unit is usually mounted under the dash somewhere.
This is an important piece of safety equipment, and I would not
drive a 2.5 , 5 ton truck or any other vehicle with air or air over hydralic
brakes without a working one.

Jim Wiehe , VA3JHW
mail to : j.wiehe@sympatico.ca