Re: [MV] Diflock a deuce!

From: Skule Johansen (Skule.Johansen@akermar.com)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 02:32:41 PST

Hello list.
I was under the truck last night and this is what I found:
(other than that February is ..... cold :-) )

Front and rear axles made by ROCKWELL-STANDARD CORPORATION
Ratio 6.72
ROCKWELL-STANDARD Model:
- Front axle: FC240 HX21
- Rear axles: C240 FHX20

The actuating air-cylinder and the electrical control switch is mounted in the rear of the axle housing.
These are covered by a curved plate on both rear axles as shown:
http://www.homeusers.prestel.co.uk/simonides/greensix/owners/skule-johansen/m621_diff-lock-rear.jpg
The front axle does not have this cover.
The electrical switch is a single throw, momentary action switch that controls the lights
(one for both rear-, and one for the front axle) mounted on the lock-up panel inside the cab.

The bad news is that the axle-housing itself is different.
It has a box-like extention welded on to the rear, left-hand side.
This extention has tapped holes for mounting the air-cylinder and control switch.

There are complete axles (used) for sale over here -
and complete vehicles......
- M621 with or without winch and M624 Dump truck.
(No M622 tankers or M623 vans)

....And how much for a 40 feet container across the Atlantic ??

Skule J
Stavanger, Norway