Re: [MV] M1 Carbine

From: Everett Doyle (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Sat Feb 17 2001 - 00:23:47 PST

These two items are (to me)of your post are most important.

> I think common sense should prevail depending on where you are showing
your vehicle...

>>....... Don't drive around with your weapons, dummy or not, hanging out on
its pedestal, in the windshield rack or at the ready. Put it out of sight so
you are not intimidating other people. Don' attract a lot of unwanted
attention.

I attended a show few years back in fair sized town, we had about 3000
visitors at show, it was held at a tourist attraction next to Interstate
Hwy., and one of the fellows wanted to go somewhere else for lunch drove his
WWII jeep with pedestal mounted 30 cal machine gun, uncovered and with dummy
ammo belt in it. Someone saw him called local police about terrorist
driving around with machine gun. The stopped him and gave him very hard
time about this, I think that if he had not been about 70 years old and
level headed he might have been detained.