dewatt vs replica & STUPID LAWS

From: Pam & Dan (pamelakg@intergate.bc.ca)
Date: Sat Feb 17 2001 - 09:44:23 PST

Hi list(s), just in case what Geoff wrote wasn't very clear to everyone. Up
here in Canada you can own and aquire a properly deactivated firearm
without any kind of licence. But you can not obtain OR MAKE a repica firearm
(even if you wanted to make it out of wood or plastic!!!!!). You can keep
any replica's you had at the time this law came in. ( I believe these have
to be destroyed upon your death, you can NOT pass them on to someone else)
. So again, you can own and buy a dewatt that a one time was REAL but you
can not obtain a replica that was never able to shoot. How about that for a
LAW. If I haven't been totally acurate you fellow Canadians please feel free
to correct me. In the meantime you others out there keep an eye out for
STUPID laws like ours. Prehaps if fellow list member Colin Stevens is out
there and has read this he can post the Canadian law as it actually is
worded, for all to see. Thanks, Dan