guns and the public...

From: Geof Kaye (KAYE-RIVERCITY@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Feb 17 2001 - 14:03:37 PST

Do any of you really trust John Q. Public public around any
weapon......If they don't shot it at you- they will shoot it at
themselves-or their kids-or at the neighbors dog or cat-get it wet or
spill food or soft drink on it-or drop it-or drop it on their kid-or
stick the barrel in the mud-or pretend they are shooting it at another
human being and make the ack! ack! ack! noise.....Let's face it weapons
and John Q. Public are an accident looking for a place to happen....If a
person has no training- a weapon of any sort is reason to stay
away....just consider how many carpenters have nailed or/and stapled
themselves/helpers/foreman/other carpenters while doing construction
work. An air nailer is one of the safest tools in industry! One of the
funniest thing I have seen is a father removing a single m-16 from a
stack and the rest of the stack falling over on his 2 year old...DUH!
Please lock down your firearms at any public display...there are idiots
out there! I am talking about an unloaded weapon.....I can't even fathom
a loaded weapon.....Last year I was watching the number of people
wandering around the firing line with the bolt closed on their weapon at
our local Machine Gun Shoot....and these people are supposed to know
what they are doing......Amazing simply Amazing

Caterpillar Here!.....'92 Dodge TD5.9 4X4 -'97 454/425 Pathmaker
Airboat-'87 BAJA Fish and Ski and more time/money/toys than I know what
to do with....God- Bless America!.....