Re: [MV] M1 Carbine

From: lou (lou@frontier.net)
Date: Sat Feb 17 2001 - 14:25:55 PST

Well I didn't take offense Bob. I thought your opinion was initially well
put. It is all about perception I think. An M1 openly displayed on an M38
here in Colorado wouldn't draw a second look (just another hunter!). An M16
on the dash of a CUCV might draw a few looks, especially from the law
enforcement types (we have a bit of a history in the Four Corners about that
sort of stuff!). Nobody is gonna worry about an M5 or a 37mm Antitank
weapon (its just too unusual, who would think you're getting ready to rob a
bank with that rig? An, until told otherwise, it wouldn't occur to anyone
that they might be fireable!).

 Regards Lou