Re: [MV] M151A1 Engine

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Sat Feb 17 2001 - 21:16:15 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck McClurg" <chuckm@powernet.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 17, 2001 9:05 PM
Subject: [MV] M151A1 Engine

> I am rebuilding a engine for my '151 and need a source for cam bearings
and
> front and rear main seals. Does any one know if there is a commerical set
> of cam bearings?

I've never looked into it too deeply, but by bizarre coincidence the huge
Dept. of Highways surplus air compressor at work - Ingersoll Rand - has the
exact same Ford 151 engine in it with different accessories. I imagine the
design is simply a common Ford industrial type, but where you'd begin
looking, I have no idea. If you have the -20P or -34P, they may well have
Ford p/n's for those parts. I'll have a look in my -34.

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.