Re: [MV] Stripping Cadmium plating

From: Otterav@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 16:56:03 PST

List:
Try muratic acic for stripping cad/zinc plating from steel, just submerge the
part to be derusted or stripped into the acid and leave until the vigerous
bubbling stops.
the fumes are nasty and all the obvious precautionary/safety items must be
used, gloves, goggles, apron, and any other item I forgot to list. I have
been using this technique for years, to strip steel parts for tig welding.
The best part is, you can get the acid at the hardware store, its also called
swimmingpool acid, bout $3-4.00 per gallon.
Eric Martin
M109A3 Shop Van