My headlight mod.

From: C C (n2rdp@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 09:25:58 PST

>I considered doing this but if one goes out they both do.

With my modification the headlights work normally. If one goes out the other
stays lit. All of the controls, three lever switch and high-beam switch,
function as normal too. This modification will work on all 24v vehicles.

Regardless of what 24v headlights cost, my $120 was a quote from a NAPA
store when I gave them a GE part number for 24v headlights. I've now seen
prices from MV parts dealers for $20 - $45. Even $20 is a lot more than $4
for a standard headlight.

I want to assemble a complete kit, with easy to follow instructions, that
can be installed quickly and easily with a minimum of tools or effort.

So now I'm looking for a source for those rubber boot connectors. Each kit
will require 8 of them.

Chris
M52A2
M447C